About Our Tours
We cherry-pick the most intriguing and significant contemporary art exhibitions across Los Angeles. You’ll hit the hottest shows, featuring both established and emerging artists. We break it all down for you – from the neighborhoods to the art – delivering fun, entertaining and unforgettable experiences.
Choose from STANDARD or CUSTOM tours:
We offer standard two-hour walking and driving tours.
Click here for what you should expect to see and hear on your tour.
Culver City and Downtown’s Boyle Heights are currently the best gallery neighborhoods for stand-alone walking tours. All other locales necessitate some form of transportation.
Los Angeles Art Gallery Tours can provide transportation for up to four guests via our dedicated, expedition-ready, Toyota FJ Cruiser. Driving tours for larger groups either require your own vehicle or hiring a car and driver at an additional cost, i.e. your choice of a limo, town car, luxury minivan, etc. We are happy to arrange your transportation for you.
Our standard tours may be made suitable for all ages, but please be sure to let us know if you are planning on bringing an art lover younger than 15.
We are happy to recommend the locale and exhibitions that best suit your specifications, or you can select the neighborhood of your choice:
- Culver City / Mid-Wilshire
- Chinatown / Downtown / Boyle Heights
- Santa Monica / Venice
- Hollywood / Silver Lake
Because exhibitions and gallery geography are moving targets, we typically communicate the pick-up location, parking, etc. shortly before your scheduled tour date. However, if your tour necessitates invitations or other long-term logistical planning, we will make arrangements for a pre-set, generic starting point.
Easy to book online!
Call us if you have any questions or prefer to book via phone
With a little advance notice, we will custom-tailor tours to meet your wildest art desires. To us, there are no silly questions or requests. Don’t be embarrassed to ask.
Here are just a few possibilities:
- Artist studio tours
- Museum tours – LACMA, MOCA, Getty Center, Hammer Museum, etc.
- Art buying tours with art advisor, Bill Kleiman
- Birthday party tours
- Tours based on issues of ethnicity, gender or gender preference
- Half-day and all-day overview tours of the hottest contemporary art shows across town
- Tours with a focus on a single discipline, i.e. sculpture, photography or painting
- Catered art tours or tours with planned restaurant stops
- An evening of wine and art opening hopping
- LA art scene orientation for recent art graduates
- Team and spirit-building tours
- Fundraising group tours (Please note: Los Angeles Art Gallery Tours will gladly make special arrangements to help increase the profitability of fundraising tours for 501(c)(3) organizations.)
The total cost of your custom tour will likely reflect the length of the tour, the size of your party, special transportation, food, beverages, and the cost of paying artists for studio visits and/or compensating additional guides, as needed.
Let’s chat so we can design the perfect personalized tour for you and your party.
Call or email us for a quote
We are passionate about art!
Immerse yourself in LA’s living art scene.